For every crime there is a corresponding tort — and therefore, a corresponding claim for civil justice. Most victims of crime are unaware of this fact.
Passen Law Group has experience representing crime victims in civil actions — not just against the criminal defendant, but against other individuals or corporations that enabled the crime through their negligent or reckless conduct.
Crime Victim Outline Regarding Civil Justice in Illinois
Crime victims often have many questions in determining whether to pursue a civil action against those responsible, including:
- Do I have a civil case worth pursuing?
- What are the risks/benefits to pursuing a civil action?
- What about criminal restitution?
- What is the likelihood of collecting a monetary judgment against those responsible for the crime?
- What is the statute of eliminations for the claim?
- What is the law in Illinois regarding the claim?
These questions, and more, are discussed in the outline published by Passen Law Group, titled “Civil Justice for Crime Victims in Illinois: An Overview,” which is available in its entirety by clicking the title or the image below:
To discuss a possible civil lawsuit involving serious personal (or emotional) injury, please contact us at 312-527-4500 for a free, confidential case evaluation with one of our attorneys.