Representing Individuals Seriously Injured in Scaffolding Fall Accidents
Like many construction accidents, scaffolding accident often results in serious injury or death. For obvious reasons, these workers who are asked to perform their jobs at high elevations are exposed to serious hazards.
At Passen Law Group, we have been assisting construction accident injury victims and their families for over 30 years. Contact our Chicago scaffold accident lawyers today to learn how to protect your rights and find options after a scaffolding injury or fall.
Common Causes of Scaffold Fall Injuries
We represent individuals who have been seriously injured in a scaffolding collapse or fall caused by:
- Ladder accidents
- Plank slippage and support failures
- Falling debris or equipment
- Forklifts, cranes, or construction trucks
- Other motor vehicles in adjacent traffic areas
- Unsafe working conditions
- Equipment failure or improper use of safety gear
- Design defects or manufacturing flaws
- Lack of safety measures, including guardrails, fall arrest systems, safety nets and safety lines
Scaffold Fall Statistics:
- Accidents from falls are the most common cause of construction related fatalities in the United States, constituting 10% of all work related deaths.
- Falls from ladders and scaffolds account for approximately 40% of all fall injuries.
- Falls from scaffolds account for approximately 50 deaths and 4,500 injuries every year.
Most falls are preventable if proper safety precautions are taken. Accidents usually occur when employers seek to cut corners to save time and money or workers are improperly trained to use the safety equipment they are provided.
If your were injured in a fall off a ladder, scaffolding, roof, or other construction-related area, and were not provided adequate safety protection, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Our attorneys have the experience and resources needed to determine the cause of a scaffolding accident. We will launch a detailed investigation into events leading up to, during and following the incident. We consult with product engineers, medical experts and other specialists to build a case against all negligent parties. Our firm presents your case using cutting-edge courtroom technology that will clearly illustrate why you are entitled to compensation.
Contact Passen Law Group today to speak with an experienced Chicago scaffold accident attorney. We are proud to serve construction workers throughout Illinois and nationwide. Call us at (312) 527-4500 or fill out a Free Case Evaluation.